Think promoting your app through Google AdWords is difficult?
Stay calm and count to three. Since we know how valuable it is for you to get your app to reach your target audience and get more downloads, here we have a tutorial for you to create universal app campaigns in download volume mode.
Let’s go for it!
Steps to create campaigns in Adwords by download volume
1º Log in to your Google AdWords account and select the “campaigns” button in the left menu bar.
2º Click on the “blue plus” button
3º Choose the type of campaign: “Universal Applications Campaign“. Select the mobile runtime platform of the app:
4º After the previous step, search for your application by its name. Additionally, you must create an individual campaign for each platform that runs the app. Click continue.
5º Now, enter the name of the campaign. You can also choose to add other resources to customize your ad. Remember that this is optional, as Google AdWords takes the information that the application has on the platform. These can be text, images and videos. It will also offer to load the HTML5elements of it. If you don’t have it, it’s clear this way.
- Text: add up to 4 different lines, with a maximum capacity of 25 characters, so your message must be clear, suitable and effective. These will alternate depending on where the ad appears, and the user is reached. By the way, watch your spelling, check it before you add it.
If you can’t think of anything, AdWords suggests some ideas by consulting the application description.
Watch this video on tips for generating greater reach for Google campaigns, which is sure to inspire you by aligning your text with your app marketing goals:
- Videos: in this section you can add up to 20 videos from YouTube, with a duration of 10 to 30 seconds each. It uses different proportions: vertical, horizontal and square, so it will fit different web and mobile devices. And they should draw the attention of users.
- Images: up to a maximum of 20 photos, and in.jpg;.gif or . format.png, with a maximum size of 150 Kb. Make sure they are clear and of different sizes and dimensions. Those that provide the greatest options are 320×50 and 320×480 pixels.
You can now preview your ad, see this example:
6º Then choose the geographic location where you want your application ad to appear. Therefore, you will have to check one of these three options, or indicate it according to your plan.
- All countries and territories.
- Spain (or the country of your location).
- Enter another location.
For example, select “Spain” or enter other locations, such as Latin American countries, as you will see in the picture below:
You can even be more specific that is, by cities, towns and localities of the same country. Also exclude zones.
Of course, the ads will be published in those countries where there are no restrictions.
7º Once you have chosen the demographic location,mark the language according to the sites you selected previously. For each language you will create a separate campaign. In addition, this will allow you to advertise it according to the language of the user and the website.
8º The next choice is “Campaign Optimization“. Here you can choose between “download volume” and “actions in the application”. For this tutorial select the first one.
9º At this point, take into account the budget of the campaign in your app marketing plan. In this step, you must indicate the average amount to invest. Specify the cost of the bid per download target ‘CPD’. It sets the daily budget, which must not be less than 50 times that determined in the “bid” section below. You can apply the formula CPDx50= Daily budget.
For example, if you want to set up a CPD of 2 euros, you multiply it by 50, which will result in 100 euros or CPD of 3 euros, which will be 150 euros. The budget must not be less than EUR 100.
At this point we also establish the form of publication. Which can be standard or accelerated. Being:
- Standard: the budget is invested equally over time.
- Accelerated: the budget is decreased more quickly, which can cause it to run out prematurely.
10º Dates: choose both the start and end dates of your campaign, otherwise, the ads will continue to be published.
11º Now you’re almost ready to finish. Choose the options, the last step, to configure it according to your instructions:
- People who are in or interested in your target locations (recommended).
- People in your target locations.
- People looking for your target locations.
- People who are in your excluded locations or who show interest in them (recommended).
- People in your excluded locations.
Then click the blue button to save the universal app campaign. Check the configuration and everything is ready.
What did you think of this tutorial?
It costs a lot at first, but it’s very simple. The Google AdWords platform is very intuitive and will guide you along the way to create your campaigns.
Finally, remember that if you are going to add resources, have them prepared beforehand and following the plan outlined in the app marketing strategy you already had planned. In addition, you must follow the size of the results of your campaign to adjust and analyze whether they meet the commercial objectives (ROI), which we will discuss in another article.
We’ve come to the end of this tutorial. We’ll soon publish the steps for the “actions in the application” campaign. Have lots of success in your universal app campaign and get lots of downloads.
Remember that if you found this content useful, share it on your networks and follow us, so you can keep up to date with the latest news in the world of mobile applications.